Medical Marijuana Certification Q&A
At Boca Medical Care, we provide medical marijuana evaluations, medical marijuana certification, green cards and individualized treatment in Boca Raton, FL. Contact us now to schedule an appointment. Our medical marijuana doctor is located at 9250 Glades Rd #110, Boca Raton, FL 33434.
Table of Contents:
To know if you qualify for a medical marijuana certificate, or if medical marijuana is right for you, you should speak with your physician. There are several conditions which are recognized as being treatable with medical marijuana in the state of Florida, and others which have been shown as to respond well to treatment with medical marijuana. If you are interested in receiving a medical marijuana certificate, speak with your physician about meeting with a doctor who specializes in medical marijuana certificates and associated treatment with medical marijuana.
If you have a condition that may respond well to treatment with medical marijuana, your doctor may recommend you seek out and meet with a doctor who specializes in such treatment. If you are looking into receiving a medical marijuana card and want to know if you qualify for one, then make an appointment with a doctor who is qualified to issue such cards and follow the steps listed below in order to qualify and receive a certificate.
There are several steps that you must take in order to receive a medical marijuana certificate in the state of Florida. These steps are:
1. You will need your medical records and will need to make an appointment with a doctor to receive a signed statement – the doctor must also be registered in the state’s Medical Marijuana Use Registry;
2. After finding a qualified physician, forwarded your complete medical history to said physician, and made an appointment with them, you will them be entered into the Florida Marijuana Use Registry, run by the Department of Health, you must be in the registry to apply for your medical marijuana certificate;
3. Lastly, you must complete and submit your online application to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use – or have your physician do so on your behalf.
Once you have completed these steps, you must wait for your application to be reviewed and for your certificate to be issued. This review and issuing process may take more than three weeks.
In the state of Florida, if you are diagnosed with one of these “debilitating medical conditions,” then you receive legal protection under the Florida Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative:
• ALS/Lou Gehrig’s disease, or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
• Crohn’s disease;
• Chronic muscle spasms;
• Multiple sclerosis
• Parkinson’s disease
• PTSD, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
In addition to the above listed conditions, you are also eligible if your physician states that you have an ailment or condition “of the same severity and/or symptoms” as those listed.
For those looking for more information about the process of receiving a medical marijuana certificate and treatment with medical marijuana, then contact us here at Boca Medical Care. We specialize in medical marijuana and the issuance of certificates for medical marijuana. Call us or visit us in person at 9250 Glades RD #110, Boca Raton, FL 33434, to book your appointment or consultation today. We serve patients from Boca Raton FL, Deerfield Beach FL, Pompano Beach FL, Coral Springs FL, Delray Beach FL, Parkland FL, Boynton Beach FL, and Fort Lauderdale FL.